Welcome to our team! We’re glad to have you. This page is dedicated to help answer questions about everything you need to do and know to be on the ECHS Mountain Biking Team. If you’re unsure what the team is, please start with this document: Information for Riders and Parents 2021-22
- September 1st, 2021 – Registration Opens
- September 10th, 2021 – Club Day
- September 12, 2021 – Girls GRiT Ride. 9am to 1pm. Lunch Provided. Register here.
- September 15, 2021 Optional Information Team Meeting via Zoom at 7:30pm. Register here.
- October 17th, 2021 – Registration Closes
- November 14th, 2021 – Required Parent + Rider Meeting followed by First Practice
Team dues are $315 for the season. This covers the cost of a team kit (jersey + bib shorts), team insurance, team registration with the league, registration of team coaches with the league, coach training and licensing fees and team equipment purchases. Through sponsors and fundraising, we are able to help keep this cost down. Other gear (kit, gloves, glasses, shoes, helmet, bike) are not included in this cost.
*Families have the option to pay their fees on a payment plan. Please fill out the Season Due Payment Plan and return it with your first payment.
ECHS Racing has created an environment in which all students who want to participate in the rewarding sport of high school mountain biking have the opportunity to do so. Every rider is welcome and supported. Through sponsorships, grants, and donations, we are able to provide financial aid scholarships for team members in need of financial assistance.
- If you would like to apply for a full scholarship or partial scholarship, please fill out the ECHS MTB Team Scholarship Application
- If you qualify for a team scholarship, you may also fill out a NorCal / NICA Scholarship Form. NorCal charges $150 for registration and $25 per races. (NICA fees have not been confirmed for the 2021-22 Season)
- Information for Riders and Parents 2021-22
- Review the Parent/Rider Handbook
- Review the NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) Quick Start Guide to Attending High School Mountain Bike Races
- Check the FAQs and contact us if you still have questions – we’re here to help you!
Getting started is simple, just follow the steps below.
- ECHS MTB Online Registration Form 2021-22
- PitZone Registration – After filling out the online registration form, we will use the Parent/Guardian Email provided, to send you an invitation to register in the NICA PitZone. PitZone will collection additional registration information. You will be required to pay a $125 registration fee and a $25 NICA membership fee. (NICA fees have not been confirmed for the 2021-22 Season) If you cannot make this payment, please fill out the scholarship forms prior to registration.
- TeamSnap – After filling out the Online Registration Form and PitZone Registration, you will get an email to join TeamSnap. Riders and Parents must join TeamSnap as this is our primary method communication for the team.
STEP 2 – Print and fill out the following forms. Forms 1-3 are required, 4-6 are optional:
- Registration Packet – Parent Content for Medical Treatment, Alternative Practice End Site, Media Consent Form, Tamarancho Pass
- WCCUSD Physician Clearance/District Medical Form
- COVID Guidelines
- Loaner Bike Agreement – To be filled out only if you need a loaner bike and one is available. Please give this to the coach when you pick up your loaner bike.
- Families have the option to pay their fees on a payment plan. Please fill out the Season Due Payment Plan and return it with your first payment.
- If you would like to apply for a full scholarship or partial scholarship, please fill out the ECHS MTB Team Scholarship Application (If you qualify for a team scholarship, you may also fill out a NorCal / NICA Scholarship Form. NorCal charges $150 for registration and $25 per races. (NICA fees have not been confirmed for the 2021-22 Season)
STEP 3 – Volunteer
The team needs many volunteers to operate safely and successfully. Please review the list of Volunteer Positions and let us know how you can help. If you have other skills you think will be helpful to the team, let us know.
Please send hardcopies of forms to:
2320 Cedar Street
El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Preferred: Pay by Paypal (paypal.me/ECHSMTB/315 ), make sure to select “paying a friend” and use a debit card (otherwise PayPal/Credit Card companies take a 3 – 5% cut)
- Pay by check, make $315 out to “Friends of ECHS SAF” and put “MTB – bike” in the memo section you can send it to: Megan Sherman, 781 Colusa Ave., El Cerrito, CA, 94530.
All forms and payment is due by October 31st, 2021. All required documents must be submitted before a rider can join practice.