Registration for the 2020-21 Season is closed. Sign up to hear when the 2021-22 Season is open for registration.
Welcome to our team! We’re glad to have you. This page is dedicated to help answer questions about everything you need to do and know to be on the ECHS Mountain Biking Team.
- October 4th – Registration Opens
- October 21st at 7:30pm – Team Meeting. Discuss what to expect this season and answer any questions you have.
- October 31st – Registration Closes
Getting started is simple, just follow the steps below:
- ECHS MTB Online Registration Form 2020-21
- PitZone Registration – After filling out the online registration form, we will use the Parent/Guardian Email provided, to send you an invitation to register in the NICA PitZone. PitZone will collection additional registration information. You will be required to pay a $125 registration fee and a $25 NICA membership fee. If you cannot make this payment, please fill out the scholarship forms prior to registration.
- Covid-19 Guidelines – Parents and Riders must read through and sign this document. If you don’t think you can following these guidelines this year, then you may want to take the year off.
- TeamSnap – After filling out the Online Registration Form and PitZone Registration, you will get an email to join TeamSnap. Riders and Parents must join TeamSnap as this is our primary method communication for the team.
- Parent Consent for Medical Treatment Form
- Alternative Practice End Site – The El Cerrito High School Mountain Bike Team starts and ends practices from the High School. Riders are considered at practice from the time they leave these locations until they return to them. During practices, riders are under the supervision of NICA licensed coaches and covered by NICA insurance.
- Media Consent Form
- Loaner Bike Agreement – To be filled out only if you need a loaner bike and one is available. Please give this to the coach when you pick up your loaner bike.
- WCCUSD Physician Clearance/District Medical Form
- Optional: NiteRider Bike Light Order Oct 18th – 25th
- Optional: Timber Bell Order Oct 21st – Oct 31st
- Team Kit Order Form – Coming Later
Team dues are $150 for the season. Other gear (kit, gloves, glasses, shoes, helmet, bike) are not included in this cost. We reduced the cost of the fees this year became we removed the kit (jersey & bib shorts) from cost. In normal years when we are having live races, a kit required for racing. New riders may purchase a kit if they like.
*Families have the option to pay their fees on a payment plan. Please fill out the Season Dues Payment Plan and return it with your first payment.
ECHS Racing has created an environment in which all students who want to participate in the rewarding sport of high school mountain biking have the opportunity to do so. Every rider is welcome and supported. Through sponsorships, grants, and donations, we are able to provide financial aid scholarships for team members in need of financial assistance.
- If you would like to apply for a full scholarship or partial scholarship, please fill out the ECHS MTB Team Scholarship Application
- If you qualify for a team scholarship, you may also fill out a NorCal / NICA Scholarship Form. NorCal charges $150 for registration and $25 per races, if they happen.
Please send hardcopies of forms to:
2320 Cedar Street
El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Preferred: Pay by Paypal (paypal.me/ECHSMTB/150 ), make sure to select “paying a friend” and use a debit card (otherwise PayPal/Credit Card companies take a 3 – 5% cut)
- Pay by check, make $150 out to “Friends of ECHS SAF” and put “MTB – bike” in the memo section you can send it to: Dennis Cody, 2721 Del Monte Ave., El Cerrito, CA, 94530.
All forms and payment is due by October 31st, 2020. All required documents must be submitted before a rider can join practice.
The team needs many volunteers to operate safely and successfully. Please review the list of Volunteer Positions and let us know how you can help. If you have other skills you think will be helpful to the team, let us know.
- Review the Parent/Rider Handbook
- Review the NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) Quick Start Guide to Attending High School Mountain Bike Races
- Check the FAQs and contact us if you still have questions – we’re here to help you!