Welcome to our team! We’re glad to have you. This page is dedicated to help answer questions about everything you need to do and know to be on the ECHS Mountain Biking Team. Getting started is simple, just follow the steps below:
- First, fill out the Team Registration Form.
- Next, fill out these FORMS and return them as soon as possible with your dues. The forms are fillable PDFs, so be sure to print them after you’ve filled them out. They will not save. All paperwork and fees are due by October 13, 2017. See Team Dues and Scholarship Information page for where and how to turn in paperwork and payment.
- Then, review the Team Dues and Scholarship Information
- Finally, be sure to Order your team race kit and t-shirt by October 27, 2017. We’ll have sample kits to try on at a lunch time meeting, or outside of school hours by appointment.
- Not sure you got it all? Here is a handy Check List to help you stay organized through the registration process.
ONCE THE STEPS ABOVE HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Register with NICA (You will get a link in an email from PIT ZONE (once it is open for the season) inviting you to join once you’ve submitted the team registration form. Please look for this email after completing your registration form!) You will be prompted for Rider and Parent/Guardian information. You will be required to pay a $50 registration fee and a $25 NICA membership fee. If you cannot make this payment, please fill out the scholarship forms prior to registration.
- Sign up on TeamSnap (You will get a link in an email from TeamSnap inviting you to join the ECHS MTB Team once you’ve submitted the team registration form. Please look for this email completing your registration form and accept the invitation!) The team uses TeamSnap for scheduling and communication. If you don’t accept the invitation, you will not get any information! We encourage riders and parents to download the TeamSnap App on their smartphones.
DATES YOU SHOULD PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR:
- The Parent Information Meeting will be Thursday, October 26th at 6:30pm in the ECHS Library.
- The CycleBar Spin Class Fundraiser and Raffle is Sunday, November 5th at 12pm at CycleBar Berkeley. Each rider should have a “sponsor” pay their entry and plan to attend the class. Click HERE for the flyer. If you have questions, please contact Natalie or Anastasia.
- The first on bike practice will be Sunday, November 12th. More information to come from TeamSnap.
- The tentative race schedule for the season. We have 5 races and State Championships. Get these dates on your calendar now – we need at least one member of each rider’s family present to help support the team on race day. For Saturday races we leave school after lunch so the kids can pre-ride the course. For Sunday races we leave on Saturday. Riders should communicate their race schedule to their teachers early to avoid conflicts with tests and homework.
IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS
- Review the Parent/Rider Handbook (The handbook will be handed out at the parent meeting at the beginning of the season)
- Review the NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) Quick Start Guide to Attending High School Mountain Bike Races
- Check the FAQs and contact us if you still have questions – we’re here to help you!
Information for the Season
Team Rides / Practice Schedule
Mike’s Bikes location / Team Bike Shop
Contact Bill / Team Mechanic